To ensure that land and fishing rights are equitably accessed and redistributed. As well as establish a productive land administration system that supports all citizens’ land rights and Implement land reform and land access that benefits small-scale farmers and fisheries, and attain functional gender-inclusive land access and resource rights policies.
To promote the adoption of a Just and Equitable Land Policy that provides for Secure Basic land and resource rights for all Citizens.
- Changes in AGENDAS
- The state commits to a process to re-conceptualise land redistribution and land access.
- Changes in BEHAVIOURS
- Policy consultation that includes all stakeholders and interest groups takes place.
- Implement existing laws that address women and land.
- Changes in POLICIES
- Develop a clear policy or white paper to guide land redistribution and land access for all citizens.
- Develop a new Land Reform framework Bill or Act.
- Close the gap in law on women’s rights to land, and actualise the changes planned for in 2013.
- Changes in IMPLEMENTATION
- Increase in the Land Reform budget by at least 5%