To promote the equitable land distribution and public investment that supports small-scale farming and fishing systems.
- Changes in AGENDAS
- The state intensifies support programmes for small-scale farmers or producers.
- Recommend alternative production processes that are ecologically sound.
- Prioritise support for women small-scale farmers, producers or fishers.
- Changes in BEHAVIORS / PRACTICES
- Farmers’ and fishers’ indigenous knowledge and innovation are recognised, documented and valued.
- Involve direct beneficiaries in decision-making.
- Enhance farmers’ and fishers’ preferred units of organisation, production, and fishing.
- Changes in POLICIES
- Restructure the incentives framework to benefit small-scale farmers and fishers.
- Restructure the market (infrastructure, legislation, compliance, procurement) for the benefit of small-scale farmers and fishers.
- Provide productive support for small-scale farmers and fishers’ policies exists.
- Draft the extension policy for the Department of Agriculture, Forestry, and Fisheries.
- Changes in IMPLEMENTATION
- To increase the budget for small-scale farmers and fishers.
- Smallholder farmers to make input in the selection of mentors or advisers.